Masala Chica has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://masalachica.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

On Another Note . . .

Hi everyone. It's me. Kiran.

Yeah, I know you all have missed me. HOLLA!

I know I have not been able to make the rounds and come out and support as I normally do.

Life has been hectic, to say the least. Pounded by snow, the poor D.C. metro area is hobbling along.

Most people don't have to go to work as a result. I, however, have had to work. Since it's been tough for our lovely nanny, Kim, to make it to our house on the nightmarish roads, and since John is sick, the work part has been challenging.

Basically, I have found that your back starts to get really sore when a 2 1/2 year old is climbing on it and yelling at your boss during conference calls and that if I really need to press ALT, CTRL and DELETE, and at the same time, it works well if I press ALT and CTRL with my left hand and use Nico's big toe for the DELETE button.

So, most of my work has been happening at night.

I am supposed to be off to London next week for work which will put me even further out of commission, but they are saying we may get hit with ANOTHER FREAKING STORM.

Anyway, I have a post over at DC Metro Moms today. It's about how music can transport you to another place, another time. Like right now? If I were to hear "Kokomo" I think I would burst into tears because I so want to be in "Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take ya to Bermuda, Bahamas, come on pretty mama."

Sniff. So come on over to D.C. Metro . . .


That's me in 2005, playing at DC Shamrockfest. Do you like my Pimp jacket? Yeah, me too.

22 comments:

Julie Leah said...

One of my besties is from DC. She said it's crazy up there! Stay warm! I have been dreaming of warm weather for days now...

The Only Girl said...

I can't believe you guys have gotten so much snow, and up here in Ontario we have NONE. None to speak of since before Christmas. WTH?!?!?

I just jinxed myself . . . didn't I?

Sadia said...

I could say a lot of things, but I leave you with this: There is a CTRL and an ALT on the right side of the keyboard. It's the only way I managed to work while nursing twins.

jessalyn said...

i kinda sorta complained a smidge about our 6" last night. but that wasn't really fair seeing as you have like 60" :(
off to go see your guest post!

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Love the picture!

I've been blogging w/ an 8 yr old on my lap who wants to do the typing for me. Peck Peck Peck. Aargh. I'm sure that it's easier than a baby, though! Hang in there.

Macey said...

London?! Jealous.
I just read your post over at DC Metro...it's great that you put down all your songs that take you back to a different place in time. Isn't music fabulous?

SurferWife said...

WHERE. Do you keep going. I am not enjoing the Masala absence.

But London will be fun. Can I go with you?

Anonymous said...

I would like to have that jacket. It is super fly.

Now what is this about another storm? K...I can't handle another storm. I finally got out of the house today and I felt like a zombie walking around, I am so not used to human contact.

At least you get a London break. That will be awesome! :)

Karls said...

Where is your axe? You totally look like you're about to head out and lumber up some timber. haha

You should totally go out and get massaged and facialed up when this snow effs off!

Stephanie Faris said...

You are SO cute! I love that jacket.

Lemon Gloria said...

Fabulous jacket! And noooo no more snow! I hope you get to London next week. No kids! Fabulous shopping! And, uh, of course work.

Shell said...

Hottie!

You are missed!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Lots of dismal gray skies here and snow and ice. Little dogs refuses to go out and is peeing in my floor and I am trying to wait out he who plumbs since it is his turn to drag out the mop. I just know I will lose...

Dogs, kids ... not much difference.

Sarah at The Stroller Ballet said...

Hope you are surviving! We barely got hit at all yesterday up here in Boston. PS love the Pimp jacket!

And Then Kate said...

Keep concentrating on all that hot tea you will soon be drinking in London. That hot, spiked tea.

Ams said...

I LOVE your pimp jacket... I think it's ZEXY!!
Get back when you can lady, but let it be known that I miss your cute self :)

SaraPlaysHouse.com said...

I HAVE missed you. And yes, that jacket is totally P.I.M.P.
P.S. We're getting snow tomorrow! But not a blizzard. Just a little.

Glennon said...

When I first met Kiran, I was kind of scared of her because she was a ROCK STAR. She played at these crowded bars and she saw a million faces and she rocked them all. She's still a rock star, just with a lot of spit up on her pimp jackets.

Kiran, I have been thinking all day about what freaking song to leave on your metro blog post. This past weekend we were listening to music in the car and I told Craig, "this song TOTALLY reminds me of this dude Jeremy from college but I have NO idea why." And Craig said "hmmmmm. probably because it's called King Jeremy."

OH.Yeah, maybe that's why.

Im not good with music. Im glad you are though. What a gift.

Love G

Amy said...

OOOHHHHH! London?? Even though it's for work, that's kickass:)

The snow...it's just out of control! It snowed here in South Louisiana this morning! WTF???

DAMN YOU EL NINO!!!!!!

Unknown said...

wow...i've been doing some browsing around here and i like what i see! love, love, love the pics of you and your family! beautiful!

i'll be back...i'm following now!

Melinda said...

Jetting off to London, rocker chick?? ...I think you're officially too cool for me ... ;0)

Shandal said...

I can't believe how much snow you guys got! I loved that video you posted on FB!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.