Masala Chica has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://masalachica.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 6, 2010

For You . . .

A few days ago, I posted a family video montage of a photo shoot our family did, courtesy of Julie Monticello.

The song that I had selected for the montage was one that I thought was so perfect for that day. If you haven't ever heard of the singer, Peter Bradley Adams, please acquaint yourself now. This song is so tender and everything I want to tell my children about what I hope they already know they can expect of me.

Even if things change over the years. Even as the years may change the relationship we have today as mother and children.

Even when they stop thinking I am cool (that's soooo haaging on a thread already).

EVEN when they piss me off to no end and start.

EVEN AFTER they come home with strange piercings and a respond to conversations where I am talking and they are smirking.

(Or maybe not smirking - maybe I am misjudging that arrogant little turn of the lips because of that new stud tongue ring they got put in . . . .)

ARGGGH.

So Nico is 16 months.

Shaila is 3.

I may have some time until the scenarios I am playing out comes to fruition but who the hell knows.

It all goes by so FREAKING fast. Especially my fleeting coolness. Or the very pretense of it.

But regardless of how or why things change, I think this song epitomizes what I hope they always know John and I will give them.

I watched a bootleg version of this on line. Peter said - "it's not a sad song. It's a love song. It just . . . sounds sad," as the sound of laughter met his song's introductions.

I disagree. I don't think it's sad. I think it's perfect. Just listen.

"For You" - Peter Bradley Adams

If your wandering ever leads you to a place where you don't know which road to choose leave your worries behind take the road that leads to mine and I'll be waiting there for you


If your dreaming ever wakes you and you find your dreaming wasn't true wipe the sleep from your eyes leave the nightmares behind and I'll dream a better dream for you

If your fortune ever fails you and you're down without a dime to see you through there's still luck that you can find you can have a piece of mine yeah, I'll make a wish for you

If your lover ever leaves you and you find yourself with no one left to lose you don't have to be alone take the road that leads you home and I'll be waiting there for you...

...I'll be waiting there for you

There are a number of eloquent young musicians out there - but I would add this guy to your playlist.

All rights to this song belong to Peter Bradley Adams - just wanted to give a shout out to an amazing lyricist whose songs have really touched my heart. Please take a trip to iTunes ASAP ;-)

XOXO,
Kiran

4 comments:

Candice said...

I think it's beautiful!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Very beautiful song for sure. I guess we all have different tasts!

Anne Marie said...

I really liked the song when I heard it with the photo montage, but I wasn't aware of how perfect the lyrics were! Thanks for sharing. heading to iTunes now!
p.s. have been trying to read you 'how I met your father' and can't get the link to work - tried several times! please repost!

webb said...

Great lyrics. Perfect for several relationships. Thanks for sharing with us.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.